The Foot of the Walk junction works:
The contractors carrying out the upgrade works to the Foot of the Walk junction (MacLay Civil Engineering Ltd) are making good progress with the current work sections.
· Crown Place to Duke Street – Slabbing completed
· Duke Street south side – Slabbing completed
· Constitution Street/Duke Street corner area and Duke Street north side – Anticipated completion date Friday 3 April
Work is continuing on the re-paving of the public realm space in front of the Kirkgate Shopping Centre with a significant part of the main area now completed.
Looking ahead in April:
· Continue with ducting installation work, cabling and lighting column relocations
· Commence excavation and slabbing work around Kirk Street/Great Junction Street section
· Installation of pedestrian and traffic islands
· Carriageway resurfacing expected to begin in early May
Contractor Public Holidays
The contractors are due to take two public holidays during April and May (Easter Monday on 6 April and Holiday Monday on 4 May). No work will take place on site, therefore, on these days.
Traffic Management reminder
For the duration of these works, Constitution Street will be closed at its junction with Leith Walk as part of the traffic management arrangements in place aimed at minimising disruption to traffic flow as much as possible. Local access to this area will be via Laurie Street, Queen Charlotte Street, or Bernard Street. Three way temporary traffic lights will remain in operation at the main Leith Walk junction to control traffic flow.
Bus diversion and general traffic conditions information:
Details of the most up to date information regarding any bus diversions and traffic conditions affecting Leith Walk please visit either of the sites below: