Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Meeting
Come along to our next meeting at the Acorn Centre, Junction Place on Wednesday, 19 August at 6.30 pm. The Agenda includes presentations on Community Renewal, GP Services and Council Transformation as well as a discussion on widening the use of the Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Coat of Arms.
Leith Funding Panel is inviting applications for Community Grants of up to £3,000 to be submitted no later than 18 September 2015. £10,900 remains to be allocated at their next meeting on 8 October 2015 to constituted groups for small projects which can be delivered by 31 March 2016. Click here for an application.
We have enjoyed five successful years of Leith people allocating Community Grants for local projects through £eith decides. The Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Board and £eith decides Steering Group meet with Jez Hall from PB Partners on 13 August to work on how to build on this success. Watch this space for information about £eith decides 2015/16. Also seewww.facebook.com/voteforLeithdecides and the @citycentreleith twitter account #leithdecides
Leith’s Local Community Plan 2014-17
Action Groups for 5 priorities of Healthy Leith, Leith Economy, Clean, Green Leith, Safe Leith and Young Leithers are working through their Action Plans. Some highlights are as follows:
· Healthy Leith is facilitating consultation on the integration of Health Services and secured a grant to provide intergenerational activities.
· Leith Economy is providing 2 additional Social Media Courses and advice on training for local businesses at McDonald Road Library.
· Clean, Green Leith is carrying out an audit of street greenery and furniture to identify where improvement required.
· Safe Leith is working with Community Payback recipients to improve Leith’s safety and appearance by removing graffiti, fly-posting and stickers.
· The Young Leithers group welcome Eilidh Mackay and Terri Smith, Members of the Scottish Youth Parliament, as Community Representatives. They join youth service partners to ensure appropriate activities and services are provided for Leith’s youth.
Other Local News
Leith market launched on 11th July to crowds of eager shoppers. The market will run every Saturday 10am to 5pm and market organiser Beth has pledged to offer one free stall per market to local groups or charities to help them promote themselves. Some Leith groups have already benefitted from this opportunity. Contact Beth on 07961 462 714 if you want more information.
By-election Leith Walk Ward: Voting takes place on 10 September 2015 in the Leith Walk ward to elect two Councillors to the City of Edinburgh Council.
Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Meeting – 6.30 pm, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 at The Acorn Centre, Junction Place.
Fort Viking Festival – Visit our stall on 12 September 2015 from 10.00 am at the Fort Community Centre, North Fort Street.
Healthy Leith Action Group – 3.00 pm, Monday, 14 September 2015 in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road Library.
Leith Funding Panel – 6.30 pm, Thursday, 8 October 2015. Applications to be submitted no later than 18 September 2015.